Age: 34 years old
Weight: 103 lbs (on stage), 109 lbs. (off stage)
Cardio 6 days a week AM/PM
Your achievements so far:
- Offered and accepted the biggest job offer of my fitness professional career to date with one of the best agencies in the State of Florida, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Graduated in December 2010 with my Master of Science degree in Exercise Science/ Health Promotion with Rehabilitation Emphasis with Highest Honors (Summa Cum Laude), 3.84 GPA
- Earning International Federation of Bodybuilding (IFBB) Professional Status at the 2009 NPC Nationals in Hollywood, Florida
- Danced in the 1994 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC
Allot of us look up to someone, who do you look up to?
I look up to the women who “have it all”; the career, the husband, the children, and are authentic in their approach to life. Women who successfully balance their personal, professional, family life, along with finding the time to include their hobbies and/or passions, such as competing, and still can be influential women within their communities, are those who I truly admire and look up to. Although, not looking for perfection, those women who can candidly be honest in their downfalls, as well as their triumphs, are the types of women that inspire me to be the best person I can be.
How and why did you get started?
I started as a classical-trained dancer at age 3 and danced competitively throughout my high school and college years. Upon completion of my Undergrad program, I moved to SE Florida knowing I wanted to start competing in fitness. Competing in fitness was the only outlet at that time to combine my two passions: dance and fitness. My first fitness competition was the 2000 NPC Greater Ft. Lauderdale BB & Fitness Championships where I earned 1st place in the Short class and won the Overall Fitness Title.
If you could go back in time in your life would there be anything you would change?
Absolutely NOT!!! Don’t get me wrong…there are definitely some situations and people that I could have done without and have endured a lot of hardship within my lifetime, but it is those same things that have created and shaped me into the person I am today. I am a stronger, kinder, more dynamic, and more appreciative individual due to the good, and the bad, decisions I’ve made along the way. I look at each situation and each person who comes into my life with a purpose and with a lesson to be learned.
Do you eat any of what people call junk food? If so how often?
I generally don’t eat “junk food,” such as, fast food, chips, candy and other unhealthy foods that most of our society eats on a daily basis. I definitely enjoy food, but prefer “quality” foods if I’m going to have a “reward meal” as I like to refer to it instead of a “cheat meal.” My “reward meals” occur once a week, usually on a Sunday paired off with a good movie. They consist of fresh, quality ingredients and still maintain a healthy balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat, but will admit I finish off the meal with a small “sweet treat.”
Do you drink alcohol? If so how often?
I generally DO NOT drink alcohol. Usually just one sip of an “adult beverage” makes me loopy…LOL. I may have total of (3) alcoholic drinks in a whole year.
What would an example be of your diet you eat day to day?
My daily nutrition consists of 6 meals and approximately 2.5 hours apart. Staples within my diet are egg whites, oatmeal, fish, spinach, grilled chicken breast, sweet potatoes, and….LOTS AND LOTS OF ASPARAGUS…LOL
If you could pick only 3 different body parts to put on your body from 3 other people, what would they be and why?
I would definitely pick Jessica Jesse’s booty, Jaime Baird’s legs, and the newest IFBB Pro, Roya Tehrani’s waist.
What is your main goal in life?
As I have many small and large goals that I would like to accomplish throughout my life, such as compete on the Olympia and Arnold International stages, get married and build a family of my own, continue to grow into a great individual, etc., my main goal in life is to live a healthy, purposeful, and fulfilled life. I have an amazing career that allows me to work in an environment that I love and do what I do with passion, all while ensuring job and financial security, and contributing to my future 30 years down the road. I compete in a professional organization (IFBB) that allows me to be the best athlete I can be, compete with some of the best bikini athletes from all over the world, and continuously inspires me to always improve each and every time I stand on the IFBB stages. I am very blessed and grateful to be surrounded by genuine and authentic people who are truly my support system at any stage I am within my life.
What is your favourite picture of yourself at the moment?
What supplements do you take if any?
My daily supplement list consists of:
- Fat burner: I usually switch up the brand every 1-2 months
- Amino fuel: used prior to my workouts and/or for a mid-day “pick-me-up”
- EFA’s: essential fatty acids
- Calcium/Vitamin D3 Complex
- 100% whey protein: this depends on my monthly nutrition plan
- Natural water eliminator: as I get closer to a competition, I will add the Allmax Nutrition Hydradry to help eliminate excess water from my body
- Joint care formula: I use a hi-potency formula of glucosamine for joint health, such as Osteo Bi-Flex
- Sleep formula: each night I take a formula that consists of melatonin, valerian root, GABA, and other natural ingredients to promote better quality of sleep
What is your favourite food?
My favourite “clean” foods are egg whites and oatmeal. My favourite “reward meal” food is anything Italian or Greek; a big salad with grilled chicken, gorgonzola cheese, dried cranberries, pears, and candied nuts; and ice cream.