Birthday: June 13
Weight: 115-125 lbs
My workout routine changes throughout the year to match my goals. Even if my next competition is a year away, I am always motivated to improve for the next show. This gives structure to my off-season training & makes clean eating easier.
Here is a brand new example of one of my personal workouts, during contest prep.
I always begin my workouts with 12 arm circles forward/backward, side bends, hamstring, trap and lat stretches. This helps me pinpoint any irritations and ensure I am not scheduled to train a bodypart that is still recovering from my last session. It also gives me a few minutes to blast my music and being to pump myself up for my workout.
Day 1 – Priority Day
- 20/15/15/10/8 x Leg Press (Push through heels)
- 12/side x 4 sets Single Leg Machine Curls, SuperSet with 20 Bosu Squats
- 12-15 x 4 sets Leg Extensions, SS with 15 Pop Squats
- 8-12 x 4 sets Prone Leg Curls, SS with 15 Pop squats
- 30 steps x 3 sets Walking Lunges, SS with DBs, SS 20 Machine Abduction
- 15 x 3 sets Standing Calves, SS with 30 BB Glute Hip Thrusts
- Cardio: Stepmill x 30-40 mins stopping to rock 20 Pop Squats every 5 minutes & top up cardio to reach 2 hrs EVERY day with spin, plyos, outdoor cycling or rollerblading.
Day 2 – Shoulder & Core
- 15-20 x 2 sets of Machine Shoulder Press
- 12 x 3 sets Arnold Press, SS with Seated Reverse DB Flyes
- 15 x 3 sets Standing Cable Face Pulls, SS Plate Steering Wheels
- 15-20/side x 4 sets Single Arm Reverse Cable Flyes, SS with Handstand Push-ups or Handstand Plank and Bicycle Crunches x 60
- 15-20 x 4 sets Cable Crunches, SS with Ball Crunches, Oblique Twists on Decline
- Bent Arm DB Lateral Raises, dropset x 2, SS with Roman Chair Leg Raises, Bicycles Crunches x 60
Day 3 – Back & Arm
- 12 x 3 sets Hammerstrength Machine Pulldowns, SS with 21s with BB, Close Grip BB Military Press (Hinge Press)
- 12/side x 3 sets Single Arm Cable Row, SS with Double Tricep Kickbacks, Alternating DB Curls
- 12 x 3 sets Straight Arm Pressdowns, SS with DB Preacher Curls, Dips
- 8-12 x 3 sets Seated Cable Row, SS with Concentration Curls, Rope Pressdowns
Day 4 – Lower Body (Hamstraing/Glute Priority)
- 15/12/12/8/8 BB Squats, SS with 30-60 sec Run on Spot & 10 Pop Squats
- 12/12/8/6 Stiff-Legged Deadlifts, SS with 30 BB Glute Hip Thrusts, 60 Bodyweight Squats
- 15-20 x 3 sets Good Mornings, SS with Prone Leg Curls
- Seated Leg Curls 8-12 rep range, SS with Plie Squats or Calves
- Abductor Machine x 30 reps, 3 sets, short rest between sets
- Standing Calves SS with Glute Kickbacks
- Leg Extensions
Day 5 – Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Core
- BB Bench, SS with Knee-Pull in on the Bench x 25
- DB Shoulder Press, SS with Standing Reverse DB Flyes and Crunches on Floor
- Standing Reverse Cable Flyes, SS with Wall Handstand Planks or Handstand Push-ups
- Rope Press downs, Ss with Tricep Push-ups
- Tricep Isolation Machine
- Roman Chair Leg Raises x 12, then 6 with knees only up, SS with Back Extensions on Bench
- Extra Core if time allows
Allot of women look up to you, who do you look up to?
I don’t follow in the footsteps of other models, I do things my own way and carve my career for myself. We all have a story of what we overcame to find success in life and I realize that sharing these stories help people relate to you. However I choose instead to open up my current, everyday life to my community – showing them how I find ways to motivate myself to continue to stay in top shape & strive for my dreams in the fitness industry. It’s easy to diet for a few months to peak for a show, but woman don’t want crash diets, they long for a long-term lifestyle that will keep them in their skinny jeans & closer to their dream body. The story I share is how I do just that.
Your favourite food?
I should say chicken, which I do love, thank God – I eat enough of it! My fav dinner out is sushi, though I have a killer sweet tooth and love the original oat bar from Starbucks.
Do you eat any of what people call junk food? If so, how often?
Never during contest prep. Off-season, I still feel my best when I eat clean – treats for me are sushi dates with my hubby or the occasional Diane’s Gourmet Divine Swine Pizza. I feel cheat meals become an unhealthy obsession for me.
Do you drink alcohol? If no, how often?
Again, never during contest prep. If I’m on vacation, I indulge in hard bar & water or diet pops, while eating clean to ensure I don’t take too many steps backwards. I can have fun at a party with the energy of Sugar free Red Bull!
I admittedly eat low carb when dieting for a show or big photo-shoot.
Meal 1: Chicken Breast or Lean Beef with 3 Egg Whites and Fusion Omega Oil
Meal 2: is (Pre workout) Protein Shake with Glutamend, SubQ and Purple K and Veggies
Meal 3: (Post workout) Protein Shake with Glutamend
Meal 4: Chicken Breast or Lean Beef with 3 Egg Whites and Fusion Omega Oil
Meal 5: Salad with lean protein (i.e. Tuna, Salmon, Chicken)
Meal 6: Lean protein (i.e. Tuna, Salmon, Chicken) and Nuts
If you could pick only 3 different body parts to put on your body from 3 other people, what would they be and why?
Ooh, this is a new one! Love it… there are so many stunning women who come to mind. I love Emily Stirling’s sexy calves, Bree Lind’s sultry lips and Michelle Jean-Pierre’s flawless skin!
First, together my husband and I have followed our passion and live our dream – both Pro athletes and successful, industry-leading trainers via our company, ContestPrep.com – the premier physique consulting firm. We just launched our brand new website, which I’ve very excited about! With ContestPrep.com, we changed the way athletes prep for competition and opened the eyes of thousands of general public clients to the true lifestyle that creates fitness success. I am proud of Craig and I for being examples of a top bodybuilder & published fitness model who are winning in other areas of our lives. Anyone can diet and train obsessively to create the body of their dreams, but you can’t lose sight of everything else in life that matters. I look up to individuals who have it all – career, family, beauty, love & health – and don’t take any of it for granted.
Second, it brings tears to my eyes to relieve the moment I won my Ms Fitness Manitoba Championship. I am forever thankful to all the amazing friends, family, clients and fans who helped me achieve that goal, especially the most dedicated athlete I know – and am lucky to be inspired by daily. Maybe I should change my answer – it was the best achievement of my life to catch the eye of my boss (at the time)… my trophy husband Craig Bonnett. Life was good before, but all of the exceptional moments I have been lucky enough to experience wouldn’t have been possible without him.
What is your favourite picture of yourself at the moment?
Ooh – it’s a risky one! But share if you dare! Right now, this is my husband’s screen saver.
It a pleasure doing this interview for you – thanks for the opportunity! I am thrilled to announce the launch of our brand new website, Please come and be inspired by some of the brave clients who chose to share their Success Stories with you! We have also organized new ContestPrep.com Training Packages to better meet the needs of our online clients. Thanks for taking the time to visit! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You can also visit craigbonnett.com and juliebonnett.com for our contest history, photo gallery and more!